Primera Mirada is IFF Panama’s works-in-progress section, created to support works in postproduction stage.
The program focuses on nurturing Central American and Caribbean film projects in progress, for which submissions will be open from November 30th, 2015 to February 1st, 2016.
IFF Panama will select five films to be screened in private sessions during its 2016 edition to an international jury who will select a winner. Filmmakers and producers will have opportunities to ask/answer questions and receive considered feedback from other industry members
The winning project will receive US$15,000.00 aimed toward the film’s completion. Once finished, the film will be screened at Marché du Films de Cannes, thanks to a recent alliance between IFF Panama and the French festival’s renowned film market.
The winning film will be announced during the course of the fifth edition of the International Film Festival of Panama, which will take place the week of April 7-13, 2016.
IFF Panama’ Primera Mirada aims to strengthen the region’s film-industry presence and recognition by providing an international platform for the growth and development of Central American and Caribbean cinema.
1. Completed applications must be received by IFF Panama on or before February 1st, 2016. Applications received after this date may be excluded from Primera Mirada; the submitting party assumes full responsibility for the [potential] exclusion of late submissions.
2. Primera Mirada is open to film submissions from Central American and Caribbean nations only.
3. Films must be feature-length (any genre) for consideration.
4. Submissions must be in post-production, rough-cut, or just before final edit.
5. Films that have previously been screened in any public platform (including theaters, TV, online, or any other mass outlet) either locally or internationally are NOT eligible for Primera Mirada.
6. Primera Mirada reserves the right to reject any submission that does not adhere to all guidelines and rules; including incomplete applications, incorrect film formats, late submissions, and any other issues. Primera Mirada’s decision is final.
7. Primera Mirada participants agree to include Primera Mirada’s logo in their film’s credits, posters, and all other promotional materials; as well as in the project’s final cut. IFF Panama will provide this logo to participants in appropriate resolutions for use.
8. By submitting an application for consideration the applicant hereby certifies that he/she and all relevant third parties have read, understood, and agreed to abide by all listed IFF Panama and Primera Mirada rules & regulations. The applicant also certifies that he/she is legally authorized to submit the film, and that all information provided by the applicant(s) is true and correct. The applicant assumes full responsibility for any and all claims arising from participation in this program and agrees to indemnify Primera Mirada and IFF Panama from any liability related to participation.
9. All applicants agree to punctually update IFF Panama on all future developments related to projects submitted to Primera Mirada.
The winning film will receive a cash prize (US$15,000.00).
The directors of the films participating in Primera Mirada will receive airfare to Panama, free registration & entry to IFF Panama and Primera Mirada events, and complimentary accommodations for the duration of International Film Festival Panama, 2016.
Unless otherwise agreed by the winning team and IFF Panama in writing, prizes will be furnished directly to the project’s director and/or producer.
Email for support
Any questions regarding Primera Mirada, contact us [email protected]